Friday, October 8, 2010

Gathering Precedent and Inspiration

Where to go on from here:

Art Piece: Abstraction # 507 0 (1950)
Artist: Vincent Pepi (American Abstract Expressionist 1926)


Finalized visual parti

After generating my conceptual parti from my artist and art piece, the next step is to take it from conceptual to the beginnings of the design process. How does this parti basis begin to take the form of readable elements in an interior space?

Schröder House by dutch architect Gerrit Rieveld
Utrecht, Netherlands 1924

One reason I think of Gerrit Rietveld's Schröder House is because of the primary color scheme it entails similarly to what is in my art piece and finalized parti. This interior is more structured in it's organization than the abstracted expressionism of my painting and the fluidity of my parti, but the idea of color assignment to surfaces, nooks and furnishings in a contrastingly black and white interior intrigues me.

Eames House (Case Study House No. 8) by Charles and Ray Eames
Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles 1988

Eames house is inspiring to me because of the materiality uses as well as the contrasting primary colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment